Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
2,562 posts
259,361 visits

Christmas Help for Low Income Families

storm747 started this conversation

Christmas Help for Low Income Families

This year (2009), charitbable agencies expect to have an increase in the number of families seeking assistance for the coming holidays over the amount they serviced in 2008. There are national and local agencies offering Christmas help for low income families, but it is important that you contact them as soon as you can if you are a low income family in need of Christmas help. If you are in need of free toys this Christmas for your children and need help in feeding your family a holiday meal, please contact your local branch of each of the following agencies. They may be able to give your family holiday assistance. It will help to have your children’s first names, ages, sizes, and wish list written down before you contact them.

Salvation Army

The Salvation Army provides a large social services program to help needy people of all ages. Donations provide free Christmas toys, dinners, and clothing for families in need. For Thanksgiving and Christmas help, you need to contact your local Salvation Army for details on how to register for holiday food baskets and Christmas toys ASAP!  The time is now to make sure your family is on their reservation list.

Toys for Tots

Toys for Tots is a U.S. Marine Corps charity that collects new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December annually for Christmas. These free Christmas toys are distributed to children of low income families around the United States. Marine Toys for Tots makes it simple for you to receive free toys for your children, or for someone else. Search for the donation site in your state , follow their directions, and contact your local Coordinator.

United Way

United Way is accepting applications for free holiday food and toy assistance. To apply, families may need to present a picture identification card, Social Security cards for all family members, current proof of household income, proof of address (utility bill), and birth certificates or proof of custody for children ages 12 and under. Find your local United Way. The United Way can also direct you to agencies that can help you pay utility bills. Be sure to register for the Angel Tree program for your children to receive new Christmas gifts from local families.

Local Houses of Worship

Many local churches also offer free Christmas toys, meals, and clothes to families low income families.  Be sure to reach out to churches in your community.

Click here to add your comment...
littlelacie   in reply to tina08
Hi, I'm sorry Storm has not been on here for years.Come back to this site tomorrow. Woman in a shoe will be posting the list of organizations that will be helping with Christmas this year. You will need to just call your local chapter of the organization and find out how and when to sign up. Two of them are Salvation army and Toys for Tots- can't remember the rest, there's about 12 of them I think. She posts them almost every day so be sure to come back here.
Talk to littlelacie
Hello I am a single mother of two kids. I have been having a tough yr wit us moving around a lot. but i finally did my own place wit my children. I am hoping I can fine out who will be helping family's this Christmas cause wit bills and keeping food on the table i don't know if i'm going to b able to put gift on the tree or even get them a tree this yr if anyone can help me please help i will be really graceful for the help....
Talk to tina08
woman in a shoe   in reply to squeaky32
Hi storm.not.been in.years but if u.look though today post u will see a public post that i put up two times today with Christmas help the last one.was put.up about and hour ago
Talk to woman in a shoe
Hi I have four kids with no help this year im not able to get them any thing for chirstmas I really need help plese can someone help me I have to move and I feel so sad because I cnt get them nothing this time.
Talk to squeaky32
woman in a shoe   in reply to Kaseylm
Hi storm.not been.on here in years i putting the list that help s with Christmas in a.little bit it will be a public everyone
Talk to woman in a shoe
We have had a tough year, my husband had a heart attack and our only income is his disability. We have 2 children under the age of 12 and two teenagers. It seems every place I have called are not accepting any more applicants. I am so afraid my children will not have any Christmas this year.
Talk to Kaseylm
woman in a shoe   in reply to ineedhelpintn
Hi maybe u will find some.of the places i.put up can help u. Other than that i don't know of.any place. But come back.on today i will.have the list up.
Talk to woman in a shoe
Tobey   in reply to ineedhelpintn
Hi, I'm sorry, but I've already chosen a family to help this year.
Talk to Tobey
ineedhelpintn   in reply to Tobey
I have a 2year boy and a 5 year old girl i need help with christmas
Talk to ineedhelpintn
ineedhelpintn   in reply to woman in a shoe
I have tried salvation army the don't provide services to my area gifts for kids sign up was last week I really need help
Talk to ineedhelpintn
woman in a shoe   in reply to hollar
I just put up the list for Christmas help
Talk to woman in a shoe
woman in a shoe   in reply to hollar
Hi i will be putting up the places that helps for Christmas in a little while
Talk to woman in a shoe
hollar   in reply to woman in a shoe
hi i need help for christmas please help
Talk to hollar
littlelacie   in reply to Niamat
Hi, I'm sorry, but we do not have any cash on this site so we are unable to send anyone money.We can only tell you of places that might be able to help. We do not know of any resources that assist with capital losses. Maybe talk to a tax consultant to find out how to claim it on your next years tax return.
Talk to littlelacie
woman in a shoe   in reply to bew
Hi storm not been in.years. but if u.look.down the post this afternoon u will see.a public post i.put.up for Christmas help i posts it about 2 hours ago
Talk to woman in a shoe
Hello everyone. I am in need of Christmas assistance. Im not sure where to go for help. Im a single mom of 2 and I also take care of my disabled mother. If anyone can direct me in the right way please ...
Talk to bew
hi please help money to my cable wire small business,i lost my business last five month ago,my email
Talk to Niamat
woman in a shoe   in reply to meghead26
Hi storm not been on here in years. But if u look though today post u will.see a public post i put up for Christmas help. I will be posting it again Monday morning
Talk to woman in a shoe
hello my name is megan i live in Maine im 26yrs old and a mother of three a 10yr girl a 9 yr old boy n a 3yr old. i raise these children on my own no tanf no income except the 67$ i reacieve for child support from my 3yr dad my rent is 71$ a mnth bless ur hearts that i get subsidize housing. My 3yr was just recently diagnoise autistic so it has put a damper on things as where fighting for services.if anybody knows anybody with the grace of ur heart please consider my family to sponsor during the Christmas season i would greatly appreciate it..Hope everyone gets the Christmas they desserve..thanks..
Talk to meghead26
Talk to meghead26